Monday, November 2, 2009

World Famous for 15 minutes

Aaaah the joys of being famous, or is it really such a joy? When I think about fame, I immediately think about red carpet events, glamorous dresses and of course LOTS of money! But on the other hand, is it really such a joy to have ZERO privacy and to have your whole life splashed across tabloids? Would it be that glamorous to be followed 24/7 even if you just go to the shop to buy a bag of chips? And the following day you are featured on the cover of People Magazine in your sweats with the headline reading, “Should she really be eating that?” Not that exciting, is it?

If I were to be world famous for 15 minutes it would probably be for stalking Brad Pitt. Yes, I would be the girl who duck-taped herself to Brad Pitt’s car bonnet, to get him to talk to her, even if he just said, “I think you need psychiatric help.”

Fame, although I would have completely adored to be adored, is a little bit aver rated and to my opinion, not all that glamorous. But I will say, that for the amount of money those people receive, I would endure a little bit of stalking, bad publicity and no privacy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment